The Housekeeper is responsible for all interior housekeeping activities at the Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library.
High School Diploma and a valid Arkansas Driver’s License are required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning supplies, procedures, and techniques§ Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with other library staff
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
- Able to accurately estimate time and materials requirements for assigned cleaning duties
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies and requests purchases§ Cleans bathrooms as needed and replaces paper products daily§ Cleans and disinfects stainless steel water fountains and elevators§ Waters plants§ Occasionally cleans offices and workrooms by sweeping or vacuuming
- Cleans staff breakroom
- Ensures upstairs entry way and circulation desk are in clean condition to prepare for building opening
- Ensures meeting room and board room are in good condition
- Dusts and cleans library shelves, blinds, tables and chairs
- Vacuums carpets and sweeps and mops hard floors